Mission and Beliefs
At Douglas County West Community Schools we create passionate learners by maximizing student achievement through dynamic learning experiences which inspire and provide a quality education for all students within a safe and community-supported environment.
• Student achievement builds self esteem
• Every student can learn and develop through successful experiences.
• Each child will be provided educational opportunities that challenge him/her to meet his/her full potential.
• Each child is important and is a unique individual with special talents.
• The district is accountable to the community for student performance and fiscal responsibility.
• Physical and emotional safety is essential for learning.
• A positive learning and teaching environment can be created through courtesy and through the mutual respect for the dignity of every person.
• The educational process should prepare students to live with and affect change.
• Students, parents and teachers share the responsibility for learning.
• Public Education is the responsibility of the entire community.
• The needs and desires of the community will drive our decision making process.
• Nothing will take precedence over the pre-kindergarten through 12th grade education program.
• We will ensure student learning in a safe and caring environment.
• New and existing programs must demonstrate a connection to the district’s mission, beliefs, and objectives.
• Behavior that diminishes the self-worth of another person will not be tolerated.
• We will select and develop the highest quality staff committed to achieving our mission and objectives.
• We will communicate our Strategic Plan in an effort to maintain high levels of student, staff, family and community support.