Welcome to the DC West MS/HS Media Center!!!!
The MS/HS Media Center is open from 7:45am-3:45pm every day that school is in session.
Middle School students may check out 2 books and keep them for 2 weeks. (may renew if no one's waiting)
High School students may check out 4 books and keep them for a month. (may renew if no one's waiting)
Please stop in to check out some books and hang out a while!!
We'd love to see you!!
Sheryl Lee, MS/HS Library/Media Specialist & MS Yearbook Advisor,
is here M-F afternoons.
*Click here for Mrs. Lee's website.
*Click here for the 6th and 7th Grade Media & Research Skills Class Website.
Debbie Carnes, MS/HS Library Paraprofessional, is here M-F mornings.
The mission of the DC West MS/HS Library/Media Center is to develop life-long learners who are effective users of ideas and information.To accomplish this goal, we:
- Encourage a love for reading.
- Provide access to learning resources in a variety of formats.
- Teach skills necessary to locate, evaluate and use these resources.
- Teach students the roles and responsibilities in a digital society.
- Collaborate with other educators to design learning strategies that support our curriculum.
We have two state-of-the-art Apple mobile computer carts in the Middle School (one housed in the Library), a Mac lab and a PC lab in the High School Building. There are also iPad carts in 6th and 7th grade classrooms.
The High School is a 1/1 iPad building. 8th Graders also have their own iPads.